They're like an extra pair of eyes
On-board/in-vehicle cameras offer a comprehensive driver safety program for identifying, prioritizing, and correcting the causes of poor driving habits, before they lead to a collision. This "programmatic approach helps transportation companies transform their safety culture and ensures bottom-line results: preventing collisions, fraudulent claims, and saving lives. Most units have a continuous loop system.
When an event such as hard braking, striking highway buttons, rumble strips, or a crash occurs it retains eight seconds before and after the incident (these parameters can be adjusted). There is a manual button that will allow the drive to capture other needed information, such as an accident that occurred which they were not involved in.
Camera use is not only a helpful tool for drivers and their companies, but also for us. Having an extra set of eyes out on the road for our Great West customers helps us get a better understanding of what may have happened in a semi-truck collision.
MOST OF THE VENDOR'S SOLUTIONS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Real-time in-cab feedback to engage drivers in self correction
- Proprietary video and data analysis to provide a complete driver profile
- Forward view video
- Inside view video
- Audio inside
- GPS mapping
- G-force data
- File name or unite name
- Records exterior and interior conditions simultaneously for legal or insurance purposes
- Utilizes infrared LEDs for nighttime recording
- Allows flexible coaching and training methods for drivers through online tools
- Retains information via a hard drive or memory card
- Uses a cellular system
- Utilizes electronic fencing
- Includes options for manual downloading
- Can be connected directly to the company's on-board satellite system to download information
For additional information on on-board cameras or in-vehicle cameras check your satellite or ELD provider. Also, feel free to contact us with any truck insurance questions or concerns.